Tuesday, July 27, 2010

2010 CALIFORNIA STATE FAIR

So we have awesome friends and we were able to get tickets to the California State Fair for free. Our friend from the ward, Bonnie, gave us tickets for Thursday night so we went and checked out all the exhibits. It was really hot though and my feet were swelling like crazy so we cut out before the fireworks that night and went home and swam.. Needless to say the next morning my feet were back to normal. It was a beautiful site!

On Friday our friends Brent and Christina invited us to go to the fair with their friends Christy and Jeff. It was a lot of fun. We went and sat on the grass and listened to Martina McBride. She was amazing live. She has an awesome set of pipes. Even Shaun knew some of the songs thanks to his Mom's love of country music. It was fun to sing along and spend some time with friends and get to know some new people.

Shaun tried his first Fried Twinkie on Thursday and liked it.. I still can't take all the sugar. I just had my normal corn dog. I love corn dogs at the fair.. But I don't think that my baby/stomach liked it very much because my stomach pretty much hurt the rest of the night. I will never learn that my body doesn't like that fried food stuff very well.

We saw some awesome exhibits.. Shaun loved the "Get Animated" exhibit. They brought in a whole bunch of art work from various Disney movies and old Saturday morning cartoons. Shaun loved this part because it brought back memories of his childhood and watching cartoons.

We had a lot of fun at the Fair!!

Watching the concert!!




The BMX biker guys.. Shaun thought they were pretty sweet. He said it reminded him of his cousin Jordan's craziness with his motor bike. I thought they were going to land on their heads.

The sweet Toy Story 3 poster in the "Get Animated" Exhibit. Shaun tried making the face of Buzz!!
This is as close as we got to seeing Martina!! But it was still a rockin' concert. The first one that I've ever been to. Still wasn't entirely a true concert but close enough!

Our friends, Christina and Brent and their adorable baby Jett!!
Us waiting for the concert ot start.. Holding our favorite little guy at the moment!!!


Christina serenading Brent with one Martina's songs!! :-)
Kristy and Jeff.. She was doing the "I'm so in love" face!!
Jett with his big, googly eyes!!

At the end of the night!! Ahhhh so cute!!

No comments: