Wednesday, July 7, 2010

MEXICAN RIVIERA CRUISE!

FEBRUARY 2010
I know this is long over due but I felt like I still wanted to share a little bit about our cruise. So in our family it has kind of become a tradition that when one of us gets home from our mission we go on a family vacation. When Chris, my bro, got home we went on a Church/U.S. History tour. When I got home from the Philippines we went to Hawaii. Melissa got home from Nebraska the week I got married. So in February we went on a cruise in the Mexican Riviera. It was a blast. The ship was huge and amazing. There was tonsssss of food and I probably gained like 5 pounds. It was a lot of fun to spend time with all of our family. Especially our new additions. It was on the cruise that I became suspect that I was pregnant. My sister-in-law was pregnant and she had that book, "What to Expect When Expecting" and I had a lot of the symptoms. I took a test the Monday I got home and sure enough it was positive. Anyways. We went to Puerto VAllarta, then Mazatlan, and then Cabo San Lucas. I think I liked Mazatlan the best. We went horseback riding on the beach and it felt like the least touristy city. I don't really like the touristy vacations. In Cabo we did repelling and ziplining. It was a little scary but super fun!! All in all it was a good trip. The only thing I didn't like was that people that sold stuff there took advantage of people. If you don't haggle or talk people down in price in Mexico you will most likely end up paying 4 or 5 times more for it than it's worth. I got mad at one guy who was trying to sell a lady a baby Morracca for like 50 something pesos which was crazy! I told her that I saw some on the other side for only like 35 pesos. The guy got mad at me for doing that but I was sick of them spiking all the prices! Other than it I would totally recommend a cruise to anyone who would like a fun vacation.


My lip got sunburnt and it blistered.. That's why my bottom lip looks soo huge!! :-)


On a boat heading towards an island in Puerto Vallarta.. We had a sweet lunch on the beach and then played VOLLEYBALL!!! Sadya ya!!!

After we went zipling in Cabo!!

Horseback riding on the beach in Mazatlan!!

Our ship.. The CARNIVAL SPLENDOR!!

Riding to where we are going horseback riding!!



No comments: