Friday, January 21, 2011

New Years Eve!!

 For our Christmas present from Scott and Lisa (Shaun's Dad and Step-Mom) they got us tickets to the Cirque Dreams Holidaze at the Sacramento Community Theater. I wasn't sure at first what it was about but I had heard good things so I looked it up and I got super excited watching some of the previews. It looked like it was going to be a really good show. Lisa arranged for my Mom to watch Jakey and it was weird to think I would be without him for more than three hours but I was excited.
We went to dinner first at Tres Hermanas. It was a pretty good Mexican Restaurant downtown. Then we parked in the garage at the Hyatt and walked to the theater.
It's hard to describe all of the things in the show but it was amazing. It was almost like they took a whole bunch of people with weird and crazy and amazing talents and put them all into one show. It was amazing some of the things that those people could do. I think one of my favorites were the bikes. These 5 girls did these amazing things all while riding bicycles. One of the coolest was there were two girls riding the bike one in front of the other. Then there was a girl standing on the back of the seat of the girl riding in the bike. She jumped over her shoulders and landed on the girl's shoulders who was riding in front of her. It was absolutely insane. And there was this guy who did some cool tricks with a smaller boy on his feet. He flipped around and around on his feet. It was impressive. I would highly recommend going to the show if you ever get the chance.
By the time the show was over I was missing my baby. And I needed him to eat. I called my Mom and she told me that he had just eaten so I hand-pumped in the car on the way back to Elk Grove. It was kinda weird but it was dark enough so I don't think anyone noticed. :-)
My parents were at the Montgomery's house to celebrate New Years so we met them there and brought in the New Year with them. We had a good time and I took some fun pictures of Jakey. I don't think he really like the hat.



No comments: