Sunday, October 23, 2011

My almost 1-year old...

I can't believe how fast time has flown by.. It seems like only yesterday I was standing beside Jake's NICU crib hoping to hold him soon and now he is 21 lbs.. and 29 inches.. and he's turning 1 in 8 days.. I can't believe that this time last year I was about to have a baby and now I'm 10 weeks away from having another one.. I feel a little like a crazy person but I know that it's what I'm supposed to be doing..Besides I'm super excited for Jake to have a friend to play with growing up. They are going to be best buds and he will be the best big brother ever!! He is starting to show a lot more interest in walking.. He will hold my hands and walk all around and he loves to push his little walker activity center thing around. I wouldn't be surprised if he was walking in the next few weeks.. which I will be excited about because then it will be easier when the new baby gets here. He can walk so I won't have to lug him around too!! :-) He his a pretty happy baby and loves to play.. He says Da-da all the time but he just gives me this look when I ask him to say Ma-ma.. It makes me mad because I know that he can say it... but he just won't... and Shaun of course is loving it.. boogers!!!
I'm getting excited for this Saturday.. We are throwing Jake a little birthday party .. I couldn't resist because he has a Halloween birthday.. I mean how can I pass up doing something for that.. It'll be a fun time for sure!!! We are having a costume contest and some fun Halloween games.. I can't wait for Halloween!! His birthday has somehow made it one of my fave holidays now!!
Anyways.. check out some cute pics of Jake playing!! He has the best smile.. but I'm prejudiced ya know!!

His new favorite trick!! You say yay!! and he starts clapping away.. super cute!



No comments: