Friday, August 10, 2012

Last day in Sacramento

So it finally happened. We finally got everything packed and onto the trailer. Shaun's cousin was nice enough to drive down to California with his Dad's trailer so we wouldn't have to rent a truck. It saved us a lot of money but we had to get rid of our couches to make room for everything. We are going to miss all of our friends and family in California. We are excited though for what adventure lies ahead of us in Vegas. So on Saturday after everything was packed Shaun took off and I was left to do a last sweep through. My friend Christina had our kids and I sat and looked around our apartment and remembered all of the good times we had there. We brought both of our babies home for the first time here and we have had so many amazing memories. I don't like to cry so in all the goodbyes I  kept back the tears.. I kept saying I'll see you at Christmas and it somehow softened the blow. But after everything was packed I went back to the house to sweep through once last time. Then, I gave our keys to the manager and I walked out of the door and towards Christina's house and I just broke down and started crying. I didn't want to leave and I knew it was going to be hard. I don't really know how to explain it but it feels like I grew up a lot in the first 2 years of our marriage and a lot had happened to me and I was having a hard time imagining any other place as home. I sure hope it doesn't take too long to settle into Vegas. I think it will get better once we get into our place and I can get back to some kind of normalcy. I feel like this is where I should be but it doesn't feel like home yet. I hope it will with time and I can't wait until that time comes.
This is her "I'm just chillin, Mom" face!! Waiting for bed time.. LAst night in our house!!


Playing with the kids once last time on the trailer!!

I couldn't get Jett or Jake to look at the camera!! Bummer!

1 comment:

jmw said...

I love what you wrote. You are such a great person, Brittany! I will miss seeing you in person, but I'm looking forward to following your adventures online.