Friday, January 4, 2013

The Great Holiday Vacation


So I was thinking of doing a separate post for all the different things we did this Christmas.. but there are so many pictures and it would take me FOREVER to post everything.. so I decided to just pick a few of my favorites this times and spare you the ordeal of looking at tons of pictures.. I'll try and capture our vacation in a fewer photos.. :-) We had a really fun Christmas and New Year's.. Hope you did too!!

So Thursday the 13th we took off as soon as Shaun got home... We drove through the night and made it to Cathy's at 2:30 in the morning.. The kids luckily went right back to sleep and didn't wake up super early. The next day, my Mom watched the kids and Shaun and I helped with wedding stuff. It was fun to watch everything come together. Saturday was the wedding (it was for my brother-in-law Trevor and my new sister Toni). It was so beautiful and we had such a fun time.. We were all super exhausted.. Sunday we went to church and then I dropped Shaun off at the airport so he could come back to Vegas to work for the week before Christmas.. It was hard not having him around.. I got used to all his help in the couple of days that he had off. I stayed with Shaun's Mom until Tuesday and then stayed the rest of the week with my Mom and did some names in the temple.. including my Mom's parents.. they were sealed and then my Mom was sealed to them.. It was such a special time for my family.. then we did Gift Card Trivia and I won!!! We just had a lot of fun catching up with family!!! . We had Christmas Eve with my fam- played Minute to Win It.. Gingerbread Houses, Caroling, Reenacted the Nativity, Rice Pudding Rhymes, Opening PJ's...We had a blast!!  Christmas day with Shaun's family - We had yummy b-fast... opened presents.. I got a brand new camera.. so hopefully my pics will be better.. and had an Italian feast that was just delicious...  and then the 2 days after with Shaun's Dad - bowling, fire museum, spending time with fam.. It was pretty crazy..
Then Shaun's family followed us back to Vegas and stayed with us for 3 days.. We had a lot of fun at the temple, the crowded strip, Christmas party with the fam, and then Savannah's birthday (I'll do a separate post for that).
Anyways... as I'm sure you noticed... our holidays were pretty crazy but so much fun!!! Here are those promised pictures!!
The original crazy five!!! Jake had fun playing with his old pals... I had fun catching up with their Mommas!!

Checking out the lights downtown in the Fabulous 40's.. The Lights are amazing!!

We got kicked out of the house for my parents Christmas party so we hung out at Chick-Fil-A and let the kids play!!
 
Family pic with the Scoffields!!

Me and my cutie!!


Jake being Jake!!

All of us cousins on the White side!!

Bring our normal silly selves!!

Everyone!!

Shaun perspiring from working so hard on the Gingerbread house!!

The married kids house!!

Minute to Win it!

Chris concentrating!!

Jake and his buddy Roxy!! They were so cute together!!

Carolyn and Savvy girl!! Savvy walks pretty regularly now..

Buddies!!

All the cousins!!

Family Pic
 
Christmas morning!!

Savvy with her milk
Jake with his!!

I just love this pic!!

Me and my JAke!!

My only thing in my stocking.. Thanks Mom!!

Family pic.. Christmas morning!

Grandma and her girls!!

All the fam!
 
At the firefighter museum in Napa!!

The boys with their Dad

Swinging at the park

She's loving it

Justin and Savvy eating at a yummy Mexican restaurant.. Both of my kids love spicy stuff.. I think it's awesome!!

Jakey and Kyle!! Jake was obsessed with his young uncles!!! He would wander around when we got home shouting out their names!! "Where are you?? Justi.. Kye... Super adorable!!

Papa and Jake bowling... IT was quite the ordeal to get Jake to wait his turn.. I eventually took his to the car because he was just out of control and sooo tired!!

High fives for Strikes!!

Savvy was getting pretty tired too and she was playing with me and kissing my cheeks and squishing her face against mine.. and then she laid her head against my shoulder and I thought she was going to sleep and then.. she bit.. super hard on the shoulder.. If you know me.. I'm a fight person in response to things that scared me... so sadly I flicked her right in the face.. and then was like o crap.. I just flicked my baby.. It really is a weird thing.. She wasn't very happy.. and I felt pretty bad about it too!! My sisters and Shaun have experienced my fight response... Consider yourself warned!! :-)

Checking out the conservatory at the Bellagio.. It was pretty crowded but so fun.. The kids loved it!!

Family shot!! So happy these guys stayed with us.. It made New Year's so much more fun.. Considering last New Year's I was in the hospital getting a C-Section!!

The ginormous tree!!

Savvy's reaction

Jake's favorite part.. Watching the fountains!! It was pretty cool..
 

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Looks like you had a very busy Christmas and New Year's-so much FAMILY FUN! So glad you could come, but so sad we couldn't get together. I am sorry! We will need to figure something out to visit, or at least a phone call. I have been sick all weekend, but I've been thinking about you guys. Love you!