Monday, February 6, 2012

January 2012- Savannah Update

Pictures of my cute girl!!! She is getting so big and has already started smiling at me.. Now just around me but she will smile when I smile at her. She is such a cutie pie!! I love her to pieces..



Don't take a picture of me!! I haven't put my make-up on yet!! Haha!!

Savannah is a whole month old. It's been a rough first month but we are finally through it. We had a hard time starting to breast feed and then caught up a little towards the 2nd week. But then that whole sicknesses epidemic started going around and her germy older brother got her sick and she has been super congested. Her congestion has made it really hard for her to breastfeed; she just gets frustrated and starts crying. It's taken about 2 1/2 weeks for the congestion to work its way to her nose and now I'm sucking boogers out of her like crazy.. I could probably almost fill up a whole mason jar with her boogers.. Sorry for the disgustingness of that description.. But the more boogers I suck out of her the more she feels better... Needless to say breastfeeding never really caught up with her. Or maybe I'm just a wimp.. I understand that breastfeeding is supposed to be a wonderful experience and it's so good for them but I'm starting to realize that if something causes so much stress in your family that everyone is upset because of you then maybe it's just not worth it. So call me a bad Mom or whatever but I think we are done with nursing for now. Don't get me wrong.. I'm still pumping and giving her breast milk because it's what is best for her.. but eventually we will switch over to that expensive formula and I will probably have to take on a couple of side jobs to pay for it but guess what... I will be happy not going crazy feeding her every 30 minutes and sleeping for 3 hours at night (which I realize is part of having a newborn I KNOW I KNOW.. it's the way it is) again I would rather everyone be happy then to have a stressed out environment 24/7. I don't know if it's that my kids weren't meant to breastfeed or if it's me or maybe it's both of us.. Judge me all you want.. but I and more importantly Savannah will be happy!! and that's all that really matters to me at this point.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Try not to worry too much about what other people will think of your feeding choices - you know what is best for your baby and your family, and you've given it your all. You are doing great!