Friday, February 15, 2013

Latest Project

Thank you Pinterest for this amazing idea! Jake has recently been really into letters. I was surprised when he started pointing to letters and saying them. I wasn't expecting for him to start so this early but I thought I might as well give him some activities to do to encourage his learning. I was happy to find this idea and excited that it wasn't too expensive to make. And Jake loves it. He had so much fun matching the magnet letters to the board. It was so fun to watch him play.

 I bought an oil drip pan from Walmart and cleaned it off with simple green.
 Then I made alphabet and cards on the computer and printed them out. Then I used some craft glue spray stuff that I had. I would probably laminate the cards if I ever did it again.

 
Then I bought some jumbo magnets on Amazon. I am going to make a pouch where he can store the letters in that blank space between the numbers. 

5 comments:

Capell said...

I have been looking at this too on Pintrest! You did such a great job, maybe I'll get around to doing it one day. Good Job!

Brittany Mangelson said...

I can send you the files for the letters if you want to print them off yourself!

Capell said...

Yes Please! That would make things so much easier

Brittany Mangelson said...

What's your e-mail?

jmw said...

That is such a great idea! It's amazing that he understand so much at such a young age.