Monday, October 29, 2012

Jake's B-day Party!

So this year we decided to celebrate Jake's birthday on Sunday with family here in Vegas. We just did cake and some snacks. It was low-key but so much fun! Jake got some really awesome gifts and it was really nice to see some family. It was a lot more fun this year because Jake's personality has really developed over the past year and it was fun to make him a Buzz cake which he loved and to buy him presents I knew he would like. I can't believe he is almost 2 years old. I'm so excited to see how he grows this next year. And hopefully we will be able to get through the "Terrible Two's" and the potty-training without too much drama!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!!
His cake.. I felt bad because it looks a little girly. Maybe I shoulda done green fondant but I wanted purple to match Buzz.Oh well.. It was still cute!! And I really like the marbled look of the fondant.. It looks more like a planet to me that way.
 
Listening to everyone singing to him.
 
Blowing out his candles. He got it right the first time.
 
Eating his cupcake. I remember last year he only ate some of the frosting. This year.. same thing. He licked off a little frosting and then was done. I was surprised considering that all day he kept whining and crying for cake. Funny boy.
 
 
Opening presents.
 
 
Grammy got him that monkey. If you pet his head he moves and makes noise. Jake loved it. He was making monkey noises right along with it and so was Daddy! :-)
 
Shaun and I bought him this teddy bear. I've been wanting to get one for him for awhile. He LOVED it.. He was so excited and immediately jumped on it. Maybe he will get out his aggression on the bear instead of Savannah!! :-)
 
 
He got blocks from Uncle Keith and Aunt Tammy. He played with them all morning. Building towers and knocking them over and laughing hysterically..
 
 
He got smooshed by the bear.
 
 
He was so excited for his Buzz car. Thanks Jord, Tiff, and Spence... He also got more cars from them. He always seems to misplace his hot wheels.. So thank you for replenishing his supply. He always carries at least 2 or 3 in his hand.
 
Unwrapping his present from Grandma and Grandpa Scoffield.
 
He had a lot of fun tearing off all the paper.
 
 
This is his face when he first realized what it was. His friend Jett had one in CAli and they used to fight over it all the time. He was so excited.
 
 
 
Group shot. I didn't take it early enough. Haddie and Grammy and Poppa left before I took the pic. Denise and Jerry were there too but they took the picture!! :-)
 
 
First thing this morning, he comes out.. gets all excited because his car was put together and then sat in it and watched the rest of Brother Bear.
 

No comments: