Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I get knocked down, but I get up again!!

Shaun's music inspired me for this post. He was singing Chumba-Wumba's version of "I Get Knocked Down, But I Get Up Again." It totally reminded me of the kind of month Jake had. I posted these pictures on Facebook but I thought I should blog them for future generations. The first two pics were products of Jake's hazardous tumble over the edge of the stroller in the parking lot.


Unbeknownst to me he wriggled out of his seat belt in the stroller and was trying to get out head first and face-planted on the asphalt just as I was about to grab his leg. It totally felt like a slow-motion scene out of movie. It was pretty trippy watching him go down and me not being able to do anything about it.


 Needless to say, just as he healed from his first wounds he decided to add to the decorations on his face. We were at Mormon Helping Hands and he was wearing one of those cute yellow vests and he was trying to climb up the stairs to see his Dad. He ran a little too fast and tripped on the stair or the vest.. I'm not sure which one, and the brow of his eye met the corner of the concrete step. The day before he had smacked the same place on a toy or something and then right before going to Helping Hands he smacked himself in the same spot with the stick that we use to secure the sliding glass door.


 I think his eye had enough abuse and it responded by turning purple. I'm really surprised we didn't end up in the ER for this one. He was pretty close to busting it open. I'm grateful I didn't have to take him in for the stitches and he just ended up with the black eye.


I joke all the time about how if you have boys you will most likely end up in the ER before they are 2 years old. So far we haven't had to go and I'm really hoping we don't but he sure does like to cut things close. It does keep life interesting!! Imagine my sarcastic tone when I say, "I can't wait to see what he does next!!" And Jake would probably respond with "I get knocked down, but I get up again, ya never gonna keep me down!!"

No comments: