Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Funny 19 month old!!

Well I thought that Savannah being 5 months old was a big deal but then I realized that that mean Jake is 19 months. It is pretty nice having your kids birthdays on the same day of the month. They were both born on the 31st of different months of course but it does make it pretty easy to keep track of their birthdays. Jake is getting to be such a big boy. He is doing more and more on his own. I hardly ever have to help him when he eats anymore. He makes a mess sometimes but for the most part he is pretty good at it. Yogurt wasn't very easy for him!! :-)


He is starting to talk a lot more too. The other day I was putting his shoes on while he was sitting on the table by our front door. All of the sudden he stood up and pointed to the clock on the wall above him and said.. "cock.." I was like wo.. I didn't know you knew that word.. so I pointed to the door and asked him "what is this Jake?"  He said "dowor." I was like that's my smart boy. Who knew he was paying attention this whole time. It's fun teaching him new words. He can also point to most of his basic body parts and say what they all are. My favorite is "ebow" (elbow). He is the cutest boy ever. I'm so in love with him and his personality. He is a little booger sometimes but really for the most part he is sweet and adorable and helpful!! He helped me put away the tupperware lids while unloading the dishwasher the other day. I can't wait until he can do even more chores.


Love this kid's faces!!



Eating his oatmeal
His favorite foods right now are string cheese, hot dogs, broccoli, milk, fruit snacks (thanks Grandma Cathy for that one), strawberries, oranges, bananas, peaches, pretty much any fruit, spaghetti, ketchup, coconut rice, spanish rice, beans, peanut butter and jelly, chicken nuggets.. Hmm.. I think that my kid pretty much likes everything. Gotta love that!!!

No comments: