Sunday, July 28, 2013

Family Reunion, Stitches, Sleeping, Swimming, 4th of July, Circus Circus, and Cheesy Faces

So, I meant to do this post before starting all of the Cali Vacation Posts. I haven't blogged since May for some reason. I've just been busy and haven't had a chance to get on here and tell you all about it!! Sorry excuse the long post but I thought I'd try to catch ya up on May and June!!! 

 So in June we went to Utah for the Mangelson Family Reunion. Our family got put in charge of the Saturday Activity and Shaun's Dad came up with an idea to do a Photo Scavenger Hunt on BYU Campus. I volunteered to put it together so everyone else could participate, but secretly I love doing stuff like this. My sister, Tori helped me with the landmark clues around campus since I didn't really know campus all that well. and then they had to do other silly things along the way!! We had so much fun!! And then Grandpa and Grandma Mangelson judged the pictures. I had to make something for the winners so I found this old wooden candle holder at Goodwill for like $4 and then I got the letter M and spray painted it all gold, then added the jewels. It is now the coveted Mangelson Champ Trophy and I hope to use it in all our future competitions. I made small trophies for everyone else using plastic cups, ball pit balls, and army men!! It was a lot of fun putting these together and watching everyone do the scavenger hunt.
Just a few pictures from the Scavenger Hunt!!!



  
  









 All of us on the steps of the Wilk!




 While we were at the Engebretsen's (where we stayed for the family reunion - Jenna's parents house) Jake tripped over my sandals in the Living Room and smashed his chin into the fireplace. Luckily the edge was rounded and he fell pretty hard. I can't imagine how bad it would have been if the edge was sharp. We went to the ER and didn't have to wait too long. The doctor gave him some stuff to make him calm because he was a little crazy. He started getting loopy and the doc did 4 stitches. As soon as he was done, he started flirting with the nurse and telling her about his stitches. He had to go to the bathroom before we left but he was so loopy he couldn't stand up or do much of anything. So Daddy held him up and I aimed for him!! I'm sure that story will be used often in the future!! When we got back, he was so proud of his stitches and showed everyone his chin. All the boys had fun watching him be silly. He put a cheez-it up to his eye and looked through the hole and said, Hi Daddy!! and silly stuff like that!! He was a trooper and I hope that doesn't happen again!! But it probably will!

 Dancing with James in the Living Room!!

 Playing at the park!

On our way to Bridal Veil Falls!!!
 Playing in the water!
 4th of July!! Love that I did their hair red and blue!!

 Swimming in Uncle Richard's pool!

 Pooped after a long day!!

 Savannah holding onto her butterfly glow stick! She slept with it all night!

 Shaun had the Friday after the 4th off too so we went to Circus Circus and had some good family time!!! The kids loved anything with lights!! Which is pretty much everything!




 Then that Sunday we made fruit loop necklaces and had some fun wrestling and spending time together!! I love uninterrupted family time!!


No comments: