Thursday, November 15, 2012

First Time taking Jake to Urgent Care

We had a fun day. Jake was playing with Shaun's smelly shoes so I took them away and he started throwing a fit. I put the shoes back in our room and he followed me and tried to get them so I got his hand and said come on, let's go play with your toys. He's following me and then decides he doesn't want to and goes boneless on me which I wasn't ready for so it yanks him pretty good, so I pull him up and he doesn't follow still.. so I picked him up and took him with me. Well he starts crying and crying and holding his elbow. I realized after trying to move it and him freaking out and the fact that he didn't stop crying for almost 10 minutes straight that there was something wrong. So, I called Shaun whose boss was nicec enough to let him off for a bit and he came and got us. Luckily, the urgent care close to the hospital was empty and they accepted our insurance and we got in there pretty fast. They call it nursemaid's elbow and it's really easy to fix. The doc just had to pop his elbow back in place. He was right back to normal after he did it. At least now I know how to do it and it can save us a trip to the ER. I was so nervous that we were gonna have to do x-rays and all that stuff. I'm so glad it was an easy fix!! and we were in and out in an hour, including driving time. That was nice!!

No comments: