Friday, November 23, 2012

I snagged an amazing Black Friday deal!!!

So, thanks to freebies2deals.com, I found out about some amazing deals online and got most of my shopping done online. I thought I had it made because then I wouldn't have to go out on Black Friday. I got Savannah a nice baby stroller for $11 on Amazon with free shipping. I got Jake "The Lorax" (which he loves) and "Curious George" for $3 each, free shipping. I got Shaun his headphones that he wanted for $20. And I got some good deals online at Kohl's for my mother-in -laws and my sister. I got all my shopping done and I was feeling really good.. Plus, I spent like under $60 for everything I needed.. Cheapest Christmas ever.. Anyways, I was getting ready to be done but then I saw this deal at Kohl's that would have been amazing.. I would have been able to get 3 kitchen appliances for $3.74 each. I really have been wanting a crockpot and I figured I could buy 2 other ones and give them for wedding gifts or something. But, everyone else found out about that deal the same time I did and I didn't check out fast enough and I lost it. I was kind of upset because it was such a good deal.
 
Well, I got the Black Friday ads and they were still advertised for $19.99 each but after the $10 mail-in rebate they would be $9.99 each. That in itself is an amazing deal. So, I decided to go wait in line. I got there at 10:00 and was like the 20th person in line. I met some nice people in line and chatted with them the whole time. Time flew.. I got in there.. went straight for the back.. Got my 4 qt. crockpot, the 1 1/2 qt party crockpot, and a waffle iron (which we didn't have either). I was the first person in the check-out line. I had a $10 off any purchase of $30 or more. Plus, I got the $10 promotional gift coupon and the 15% off coupon. The beginning price was $59.97 then $20 off plus $6 more from the 15% coupon. $2.75 in tax and I paid $36.72 for 3 appliances.. but then I got 3 $10 mail-in rebates. I will get $30 back, making my grand total $6.72 for all three of those things. I paid $2.24 per appliance.. I got a crockpot for $2.24. I saved $106 after the rebate! I was pretty stoked and excited. It was kind of an exciting adventure. To top it all off, I was the first one out of the store and a bunch of people in line started cheering and clapping. The line was still all the way down at the Home Goods store when I walked out of the store.. I was pretty excited. .. it's been a pretty frugal but amazing Christmas shopping experience. I'm excited to spend time with my family and friends. 20 days until I leave for Cali.... Cali here we come!!
 
 
Just in case you wanted proof!!

1 comment: