Thursday, November 8, 2012

I found my keys!!!

So, a little story for you today. I lost my keys almost a year ago when we were still living in Sacramento. Jake loved playing with them and one day I just couldn't find them anywhere. I tore my whole house apart looking for them and never found them. I kinda figured that he had put them in some cardboard boxes that were waiting to be taken out to the trash. Which Shaun then took out to the dumpster before I realized what I thought might have happened. Well.. I was watching a movie today with Jakey and he put a car in the little front opening of our subwoofer.
I was like Jake, "What are you doing?"  I went to go retrieve the car but I couldn't feel it. So I tipped it forward and I heard what sounded like more than one car. I figured he must have been putting cars in there for the last couple of weeks. (He was missing cars, and I couldn't figure out where they were).  He has put stuff in there before, but I have always been able to reach it. Anyways, I proceeded to try and tip the subwoofer but the cars weren't coming out, so I thought maybe I could unscrew the back and get them out that way.. Well 20 screws later.. there was no way to get to the middle of the speaker without busting through the plywood on the back of the subwoofer. So I decided to try and shimmy and maneuver the sub to get all those cars out.
I screwed everything back together and unplugged it and started shaking it. I started getting the cars out one by one. I had to maneuver it to the opening and then tip it.. 14 cars later.. I thought I got them all but there was still something in there. I shined my flashlight in there and lo and behold it was my keys. I got mad for a second because that was one of the first places I looked when I lost my keys a year ago and I didn't see them or hear them. They must've been wedged in there pretty good..It took me a good 3 minutes to get my keys out because they were a little bigger and a weird shape. The hardest thing to get out was Buzz but after 20 minutes, I finally got everything out.
It's so nice to have my car keys back. It was annoying to always have to switch back and forth. And I'm glad I found a bunch of Jake's cars because I really didn't want to buy him more. He better hold on to those cars this time!! :-)
 

No comments: